Hello New Eden

Thanks for stopping by, This blog is Eve online as seen through the eyes of characters Violet Aeon and Elanore Wansmore. If this is not your thing please drive thru ;) if you like character driven storylines then please stay!
If you found your way here because you are already in New Eden then fly safe o7.
If you found your way here because you have an interest in Eve online then thats cool too! If to join all that Eve has to offer then you didn't come to the right place ;)
But check out the link below my profile pic and it'll take you there. See you in space!

P.S. If you click my name on the header above it will take you to the most recent post if you are not already on the home page.

.
I collect Frozen Corpses
Hit me up New Eden. lets talk.
Saving New Eden from a Zombie Apocalypse one frozen corpse at a time.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Gangsta style exchange

Someone contacted me yesterday with info that they had a frozen corpse.
We went through the normal ropes. I asked for a contract. They obliged.
There was a problem on their end of creating the contract so I suggested we meet in space somewhere.
I know of the inherent dangers of this kind of thing. It IS New Eden of course.
But something just sounded nice and gangsta to me about that and the added element of danger some how intrigued me. What could go wrong? right? Yeah, again, this is EVE.
So we arranged a meeting and mutually agreed on a location.
We came to an agreement on the terms. We would meet in space. She'd dump the body, I'd retrieve it into my ships cargo and pay the isk. We would part.
I was in my retriever so I had to hit station and jump into my fast and missile fitted to the gills little kestrel. Just in case.
Off to the gangster stylin swap.
At the meet up location we saw each other in our respective overviews. She was in a Catalyst. There was an obvious moment of hesitation from the both of us as we sat some 135km apart looking at each others ships. "Joule", as she would be known to me, seemed to initiate a move toward my ship which after only a few km she stopped and backed off again. Well, I thought if this was going to happen someone had to move. So I set approach and hit the Micro warp drive. I came in for a fast flyover and and made one quick circle about. I put the mwd offline and came to rest about 450m from her ship. There we sat. nose to nose in a few moments of awkward apprehensive silence.
I spoke up 1st.

Violet Aeon--"Hey Gangsta"
Joule Serine--"Greetings corpse gather-er o/"
Violet Aeon--"Jettison the body"

( a moment of silence )

Joule Serine--"There goes the former Mr. Ellis"

( I did a quick scan for biomass and located the frozen corpse of one Mr. Ellis. I scooped the frozen thing into my cargo hold. After a quick examination I was satisfied that this was indeed the Mr.Ellis I had been expecting. I transferred the isk into her account. )

Violet Aeon--"Nice transaction. Good doing business with you."
Joule Serin--"This never happened"
Violet Aeon--"What didn't happen?"

She turned her ship about and warped away. I did the same in the opposite direction. Heading for the stargate and back to the freezer hangar to dump mr. Ellis with the rest.

One more frozen corpse in hangar. One less potential Zombie in space. Saving the region and the known universe from the undead apocalypse. 1 corpse at a time.


In the end the whole thing reminded me of stories I'd heard of old Earth of gangsters and Tommy guns. The Old fossil fuel burning Packards and other such automobiles meeting up in some alley or shipyard docks. A body in the trunk, a suitcase of money. An exchange and a parting of ways.

Yeah, It reminds me exactly of those stories.

I am certain it won't be the last. Although truth be told I will still opt for the relative safety of a contract whenever possible.
Or I will send Elanore as my representative. She is not one to be messed with. And I'm not much fond of dying.

The irony

.